Saturday 27 December 2014

Christmas Day went well at Brighton,  twelve of us, age range 3 to 84 sat down to dinner, and then we all sang songs accompanied by F on guitar, J on violin and various ukeleles drums and banjos Then we did a bit of daft dancing and. today I can hardly walk, My foot has gone funny probably as the result of my attempting to join in with W`s salsa lesson, but it is gradually improving.
Last week I went Up North and enjoyed being in Allendale where grand daughter F now lives and seeing the two little boy great grands and also I was in Newcastle and saw the rest of the tribe.  .F and I went to meeting last Sunday and there were only four others there, all muffled up to the eyebrows, and understandably so as the  ancient Meeting House was  freezing. I wondered how I would survive an hour but in the end it seemed right to be there. I thought of all the Quakers arriving on foot or on horseback over the moors in the past couple of hundred years.   I also went to a jolly carol party in a warm barn with the Bahai community just outside Allendale that was held on the winter solstice.
Here is my list of good things about my Christmas:
1.Cards. I have just collected them all up from shelves and window sills etc and I am going to re read the lovely messages and think about the senders. Also re read the round robin letters that I positively like.
2.Having a good sing song  as you don`t often get the chance.
3.Seeing the youngest members of the family,in fact all of them.  
4. Going to the Quakers bring and share breakfast on Christmas morning and then Meeting afterwards. Bradley Wiggins came this year and went all the way round the circle as we sat in silence and put a paw up to everyone.No one minded.
5. Reading Carol Ann Duffy`s  poem about Dorothy Wordsworth`s Biirthday (given to me as a present) we all read a verse or two. It s lovely, as her poems always are.
6. Having a supply of books to read and bath bubbles to last me for a few months.