Wednesday 13 November 2013

Love me, love my dog......

I got told off by the Headmaster (manager of Dumbrells Court)for letting Bradley Wiggins run about on his long extending lead and barking. He said he was intimidating the inmates. I felt suitably chastened and now have him on a short lead and I carry him if any one hoves in sight. Most of said residents do seem to like him but it is easy to forget as a dog owner that not everyone loves them as we do. There was a brilliant play on at the Village Hall last week: the amdram performed `Quartet` which has also been a recent film, and is about four elderly residents in a home for retired musicians. Most of the audience was elderly too (in fact one fainted and had to be carried out during the first act)so it was a good choice of play and it was so well acted. I have never had much luck with bird tables. Other people get intersting birds like woodpeckers, wrens and long tailed tits. i only ever get big brash, cheeky magpies. and a few dusty pigeons. I wish I could get to like them.