Thursday 3 May 2012

Bluebells, nightingales and cuckoos

I am just off to the woods in search of the above, with my Ditchling friend F and dog. It is deluging with rain. It has been the wettest April on record, but apparently there is still a drought in East Sussex. Spring is rushing by too quickly and I am not getting enough of it. It all gets to be more precious, and this has been brought home to me lately, firstly by a spate of funerals and memorial meetings. I am off to my fourth in Winchester on Saturday. They are good occasions for getting together with my mates but sobering none the less.
Also I have been visiting B with a broken leg in a ward full of confused elderly women. I have to remind myself that last week they probably looked quite all right when they had had their hair done and were happily making cakes and jam for the WI.
I  have hopefully established an early morning swimming routine at last at the pool in Burgess Hill, it was almost empty when I was there last Monday. Trouble is, I keep geting lost in the hinterland of Burgess Hill, it is rather like the dreaded Basingstoke with endless roundabouts.   Quite scary.
Still I will persevere.