Friday 9 March 2012

People have started to phone and email to see if I am still alive as I have not blogged for a while. I have been back to Winchester for a few days, always a treat, but it also is nice to be back in dizzy Ditchling.
We are hotting up for The Wreck of the Titanic, the village choir`s French and Southampton debut. I was right about the Birmingham Symphony Orchestra, but only a few members of it ,plus a childrens choir and orchestra, but there are eighty villagers in our choir so it will be quite a big do.  There will be a bit in the midddle where a small group of musicians including our conductor will perform the same music that was played as the Titanic sunk.
One of my neighbours has fitted up his garage as a luxurious little cinema and he puts on old films every week. I have just been along to see Great Expectations, the 1946 version. It was gripping, and just as spooky and frightening to me at the beginning as when I first saw it. They never got the voices and accents quite right in those old films though, everyone speaks posh.