Thursday 22 September 2011

mums the word

We are all anxiously waiting for grand daughter S to give birth up in Newcastle (my second great grand child)  He is definitely on the way (it is a `he` apparently) For the last twentyfour hours S. and family members have been playing non stop scrabble with her and timing contractions. No one has had any sleep, so we hope that the baby will be born in the midst of a high scoring word like `equinox` which will give him a good start in life.
I started back at the school yesterday for my weekly bit of reading and writing with year twos. A lovely teacher again, how I marvel at these brilliant men and women who keep thirty or more children busy, quiet and interested. I am having the usual [problem with learning a new lot of names, there are: two Sonnys, two Archies, a Destiny, a Biba, and that`s just the start.