Friday 7 January 2011

Went to London yesterday to meet grandson M`s on his twenty second birthday.  I took the train to London Bridge. I used to cycle round that area, but I hardly recognised it. It was horribly changed, huge space age buildings, all glass and steel. I felt like a country bumpkin, overawed and jostled, and getting wet feet as I stumbled into huge puddles, it was deluging with rain. We met at the Tate Modern, grand daughter M from UCL as well and we had a nice birthday lunch, and then whizzed through a few galleries at top speed, Bridget Rileys etc and then gazed at the huge expanse of sunflower seeds on the ground floor. I felt a bit overwhelmed by the huge noisy gangs of badly behaved schoolkids, but that is what oldies like me always say.  I got soaked to the skin as I walked back to London Bridge, but I am very glad I went, I love being with the grown up grandchildren, and the others too of course.