Thursday 10 November 2016

The LastTrump

What a horrible blow to wake up this morning to the news that the loathsome Trump is to be the new president of USA , its like Brexit all over again. What is going on?      Walking cheerfully and looking for that of God in the likes on D.Trump is hard,  even for a Quaker but we will just have to try.

On a more positive note, I had a lovely half term trip to Rye and Hastings with daughter J as a belated birthday treat.   Tiger came too and really got into the hotel experience with a request for Scrabble to be brought up to our room and cheese and pickle sandwiches from room service, and very nice too. There was also a lovely swimming pool and wonderful buffet breakfast. And I do love hotel breakfasts.  We then went to the Jerwood Gallery in Hastings which is ideal for me as it is quite small, with just enough nice pictures to look at and lovely views of the sea and the fishing boats in the Old Town    I hate places that are huge, which wear me out.      Also plays, films, operas, concerts, that are too long which I find is often the case.
  
I am writing this blog as I sit as a model for the `Grey Ladies` life class which is an art group in Ditchling.    I hasten to say that I am fully clothed   I do not know why the group are so named as they are neither grey haired nor always female.  I have done this many times and I enjoy it as it is peaceful sitting for a couple of hours in the morning though sometimes we chat so it is a good way of hearing the village news.    I never look at their pictures as when I did once I was horrified by the many versions of  a wrinkled old crone, though they are very good artists.

We have two good films this month: last week it was Theeb, a dramatic film set in the desert among Bedouins in 1916 and though I had my eyes tightly shut and fingers in my ears for several frightening bits, it was a brilliant film. Tonight we have The Dressmaker which looks promising. And next week the Am Drams are doing Noel Coward`s Blithe Spirit.   Never a dull moment in Ditchling.   
at