Friday 29 January 2016

Liberty for Dogs

Further to the Churchill Square Incident, I went to London on Tuesday with B.Wiggins and took him to Liberty where he was positively welcomed. I wandered all round that beautiful shop with its memories of buying Tana lawn for dressmaking years ago, and even had lunch in the restaurant with grandson M and his partner.  . There were other dogs there too. Amazing.

This afternoon, my Monday music group gave a recital for the local  U3A  Music Appreciation Society.  .We were asked to do it months ago and foolishly agreed  and then we all got into a terrible tizzy.. There were endless worries about the lighting, the choice of programme,, and how to get the cello and other instruments to the remote house which was down a long lane in a village a few miles from Ditchling.     I worried about the dog as I don`t like leaving him at home for more than a couple of hours.     Also with the deafness, I sometimes lose my place in the music.   It did not bode well.    But in the end it all went off smoothly.      .There were several ninety year olds in the audience, who may have quietly nodded off,  but on the whole they were a sprightly bunch and we had a splendid tea with delicious cakes made by our hostess who is also a nonagenarian. B.Wiggins spent the afternoon in the studio next to the music room and was perfectly happy, so I need not have worried. 

I have retired from the Infants.   I was sad to leave as I have been so happy with the Year 2`s on Wednesday afternoons for nearly five years now but I could not  always hear what the children were saying and it was increasingly difficult to remember all the names. I had a lovely send off. What will you do now on Wednesdays? they said. All I could think of was making marmalade, but I will have to think of a replacement activity.