Thursday 5 February 2015

Having a grumble..

I am an optimistic and cheerful person on the whole but there are several things that are annoying me at present and I want to get them off my chest:
1,Scottish Power who have almost doubled my direct debit monthly payments without warning and I am totally unable to get through to them on the phone. Disembodied voices tell me to press buttons and then I am left with appalling music for hours. I wouldn`t mind so much if it was Mozart.
2.TV  Every time I settle down to a cosy evenings viewing,  I either see women enduring excruciating labour pains before giving birth,  GPs discussing embarrassing ailments, or people haggling with shady looking antique dealers. There are rarely any plays and few good films, just sleazy sitcoms and soaps.
3.Weather forecasters on TV who are irritatingly cheerful and only tell us about the weather in the north of Scotland and Ireland and not a word about Brighton (or Ditchling).  
4.Shoe shops. I need some comfortable boots for my dodgy ankles and they say   `Oh no we are stocking up for summer now, we have none left in your size`.
5. Mud, on my shoes,carpets, sofa and dog. 

But there are some things that are good, such as snowdrops, a few primroses and even an odd daffodil springing up. Also I have just joined the Green Party so i have an instant answer when I am canvassed or phoned by local Tories.      Also we were doing sewing at the Infants yesterday. This is for the Guy Fawkes puppets.   It was very enjoyable. Next week we will be doing the glueing.which is even better.  And today I am starting another writing course at the Brighton museum where a small group of us are turned loose to find objects to spark us off to do a bit of writing.
I shouldn`t moan at all as the only important things for me are that my family keep well  and that we are all looking out for each other which we do.
.