Sunday 19 January 2014

Oh No It Wasnt!

Kind Quaker friends took me to the Burgess Hill pantomime on Friday evening. I liked watching the little dancing girls  pointing their toes and twirling round  (there were lots of those) but I seem to have lost my taste for ugly sisters and dames, I found them a bit sad and upsetting.   Still I stayed awake throughout, always an acid test for me.
I needed to have B. Wiggins looked after for the evening so daughter J took him off with Jumble and Tiger and her friend to the IOW to visit her dad.  So I have been dogless the whole weekend      It feels most odd. I caught myself talking to my handbag which I mistook for BW lying on the sofa.
So here I am on a Sunday afternoon lolling about, listening to Open Book and Poetry Please on the radio and reading the Observer without feeling guilty, though the sun is shining and the daffodils are poking up through the wet grass.  I shall be glad to see him back tomorrow, even if it does entail long walks in the relentless mud.      .
We are going to have a village orchard in Ditchling. We had a meeting yesterday.  Someone has given the land and the fruit trees will be planted in a few weeks. I hope I live long enough to pick the fruit and make some pies. That`s what I volunteered for as I don`t feel up to digging and planting. It is a lovely idea.