Wednesday 1 May 2013

May morning missed

I intended to get up at 5am this morning for May 1st, as I read in  the Ditchling Dialogue,that the Morris Men would be dancing on Lodge Hill at sunrise. I woke up in time but then remembered that I don`t like Morris dancing. . It is so aggressive with all that stick bashing and stamping, so I turned over and went back to sleep until  6.30am, when I got up and went for my usual pre brakfast walk wiith B,Wiggins.  I wish it would warm up a bit, I feel cold to my very bones as I sit writing this..    B.Wiggins got trodden on the other day so he is walking on three legs again. He can run very fast and does not seem bothered but I took him to the vet which he thoroughly enjoyed as he is so sociable. There are no broken bones so I suppose it will get better in time, but in the meantime we limp along together, me with my creaking knees and him with his gammy leg. Well they always say that pets and their owners get to resemble each other.
I went to lunch with a new friend the other day. She used to teach at the central School of Speech and Drama. Rather to my surprise she suggested we read a bit of Shakespeare together in the afternoon so we read a chunk of Midsummer Nights Dream and very enjoyable it was too. I think we should read plays together more often.