Thursday 18 October 2012

Up North again

I should have included in my account of my birthdy celebrations that daughter J organised a `beauty treatment` for me (rather a lost cause at 82 but it was the bushy eyebrows and a face massage), a roast gravy dinner, and an impro party in the evening which was as usual, hilarious.
Coming home from Up North on Tuesday, the couple sitting opposite whipped out two printouts of the Guardian cryptic crossword,which is what I always do too , so the journey flew by as we all puzzled together and swopped clues. It reminded me of the time a man got out a chess set and challenged me to a game on that very same train.
I had the usual hectic, hugely enjoyable time with babies galore and family visits and outings. Sister J `s furniture came back while I was there after the floods in June. What a relief, she has been coping with a garden chair and table since the floors were finally replaced. The piano has been repolished and look a treat.
At the Infants yesterday I learned some interesting facts about crocodiles: the sex of their young is determined by the temperature as their eggs are incubating. I learn new things every week, last year it was the Gunpowder Plot.