Saturday 21 April 2012

And the rain it raineth every day........

I went to the Village Quiz last night. Nearly a hundred of us crammed into the Barn on the green Such excitement and enthusiasm! Our table won and as I staggered home at nearly midnight through the churchyard, drunk with success, and the many bottles of wine we had consumed , I reflected on our competitive natures, but also how Ditchlingites organise everything so very well.It was a splendid evening. And the fish and chip supper was good too.
It has rained a bit this week, and there was an ominous puddle near the toaster.  So I had to get the dreaded builders in. It is the flat roof over the kitchen. Oh what a worry. I always fear that old women living alone are such easy prey for cowboy builders.  Probably a bit of polyfilla would have done the trick.