Saturday 29 May 2010

The Tiger who came to Tea (or rather who stayed the night)

I got up earlier than usual, because grand daughter Rose who is always known as Tiger, is staying with me.  It is the first time ever that T has stayed away without her mum,  though she is six. We had breakfast and then we did cooking. My new kitchen is a good place to cook. Grand daughter F, partner R and baby Arthur are coming to stay tomorrow. 
I made bread in Diana Lewis`s bread tins She is well over ninety and she has decided to go into a Home,so she asked me if there was anything I would like, so I chose the tins They are well seasoned after a lifetime of use and I am very pleased with them.  After the cooking, Tiger cleaned every available surface with a wet cloth and a bowl of soapy water, so it was all very enjoyable for us both.
Last night, daughter J and six of her friends came round for supper and we all played games, they call it impro. I am sometimes too shy to join in but  I love it and we all had such laughs.It has been scientifically proven that having a good laugh is very good for your health.
Last week I went back to Winchester for a few days and it felt fine. It was lovely to see everybody but good to come home to Ditchling too.