Tuesday 9 January 2018

In the bleak mid winter....

I really mind the cold theses days.    I never used to, but I suppose it is because I sit about and loll on sofas more than I should. The cold goes right into my bones.       I wish we would have a proper fall of snow which would at least look beautiful instead of these grey dark days.
The old folks tea party went well in a fairly chaotic way.  They all came in the afternoon but everyone could sit down, and it was very jolly.   I enjoyed it anyway.   Perhaps I will do another one for Pancake Day.
I have been away for a few days staying with brother P and we also met sister J at Stansted after her Christmas trip to her daughter in Germany. Brother P has just got his driving licence back after a year, now that he has a pacemaker. He steered us very efficiently along motorways and roundabouts. But we did have one of those Moments, trying to get out of the Short Stay car park in the dark. He had not pre paid in the airport and the machine was swallowing up the ticket plus credit cards and not raising the dreaded guillotine to let us out.    But the Help button reached a kind man who eventually let us out without paying a penny, he obviously could not cope with the three of us bewailing our predicament on the end of the line.   Anything to do with carparking gets more and more difficult for the Old, I find .
It was good to get back to the lovely choir this morning after the Christmas break and I`m off to Improv tonight.    I am so glad to be back into the old routine after all that Christmas jollification.