Friday 13 March 2015

a voice from the past...

I had a strange experience the night before last. I woke up sometime in the small hours and couldn`t get back to sleep so I turned on the radio on 4ex which often broadcasts programmes from the past.. To my surprise I heard my dear daughter Julia`s voice on a discussion show with Matthew Parish and Giles Coren and others. It was called The Great British Public and it was funny and interesting. Julia died nearly ten years ago so I suppose it was recorded in about 2004 and I had never heard it before.

I have just been to stay with old friend J and I went by train.   It stopped at seventeen stations between Brighton and Bradford on Avon and took nearly three hours,but Bradley Wiggins slept soundly the whole way and I read my book (Nora Webster, by on of my favourite authors Colm Tobin)  We had a lovely time there with wonderful dog walks in the Avon Valley . I went with J to her pottery class in the Village Hall and made some very wobbly pots and went to Meeting at Bradford and met A plus new baby, who had been at my Nursery School at the Meeting House in Winchester over thirty years ago!      

I have been having dire computer and printer problems but I have noticed a glazed look coming over family`s faces at the mention of them so I have found a bloke to sort it out but have been waiting all morning for him to turn up. I want to print up my work from the Museum Tales Course I have been doing at the Brighton Museum. We are doing our performance next week but there will not be a large audience I suspect,. just a few puzzled mums with toodlers in buggies and some of our friends and relations.  I have loved the course and I am sad that it is nearly over. That museum feels like home.