Thursday 13 June 2013

Midsummer Nights Dream in the afternoon.

I went to the Globe Theatre yesterday with my Monday music group, and we all had a Good Day Out. It was a bit odd seeing MSND as a matinee and I missed the lights and magic of it on the bare stage of the Globe. But it was a wonderful production and beautifully acted. We were on the fourth tier and I quailed at the sight of all the stairs but a kind girl offered to take me up in the lift which involved going backstage and seeing half naked actors dashing about, and bits of scenery and props, so I enjoyed all that. She insisted on taking me up and down in the interval too!
I took B.Wiggins up in the train and and met grand daughter M in the refectory of Southwark Cathedral where they positively welcome dogs. I handed him over to her and she took him over the wobbly bridge and for a walk around St Pauls and then they settled down in a pub with a sofa while she worked on her laptop and he snuggled up. So he had a good day too.
I am just about to brave the M.25 and go for a visit to brother P in Hatfield. It is a wild and windy day, the summer seems to be over.    It has all gone quiet again on the moving front. The solicitor has gone on holiday apparently.   I keep making lists of Things to Do, but no prospect of doing them .