Thursday 11 November 2010

Another film, another year.

I went to see Mike Leigh`s new film Another Year yesterday afternoon and as usualI am totally immersed in the characters and story today, trying to work out in my mind whether the two main actors were really the kind good people that they seemed to be, or if they had to surround themselves with needy,disfunctional hangers on to survive. As a background, the film shows the four seasons on their London allotment, with them working in all weathers, and I found that very moving.
I am interested to hear that the Queen is now on Facebook too, so another octegenarian is poking and writing on walls with the rest of us.  I gather that any offensive messages are edited out by her lackeys.
Today in the Guardian, there are pictures of the students revolt yesterday and granddaughter M has texted to ask me to save them as she made some of the posters.  I am glad that two granddaughters have taken on the mantle of going on demos. I have recently given up after about forty years due to my feet which are no longer up to shuffling along Whitehall.