Friday 4 June 2010

Capability Jordan

Jordan is landscaping my garden, or rather the few square yards of backyard behind my cottage. He has wonderful energy and is very neat and organised.  There is a skip outside which is causing even more congestion in the road than usual.  Today we have a miini cement mixer churning away.  I am just about to make a list of plants, and Jordan is doing the same, we will see what we come up with. It is very exciting. As he is working so hard I cannot just sit about reading the Guardian, and doing the crossword, or even working away on my computer as it makes me feel like the idle rich, so I am trying to look busy too.
Grand daughter M is staying, who is studying for her A levels, which start next week. She is doing mathematical squiggle at the table.  I am so impressed by the cleverness of my grand children.
We both went to see an Italian film last night in the Village Hall, (the monthly Ditchling Film Society)  :The Golden Gate, about Italian illiterate peasants sailing off as immigrants to America at the turn of the century, enduring terrible hardships,.  M and I are sort of still living in it today as it was such a powerful film. Baby Arthur and F are back here tonight so I am very family orientated at present. .